Press Release - EV Readiness Index 2023
How EV ready is your country? The results are in...
EV Readiness surges throughout Europe
Latest findings from LeasePlan’s 2023 EV Readiness Index
Europe is more ready than ever for the transition to electric mobility, with significant improvements in EV readiness across the continent.
This is the main conclusion of LeasePlan’s 2023 EV Readiness Index – a comprehensive analysis of the preparedness of 22 European countries for the electric vehicle revolution. The Index is based on three factors: the maturity of the EV market, maturity of EV infrastructure, and total cost of EV ownership in each country.
Key findings from the 2023 Index are:
- Overall EV Readiness increased by +12% (72 combined points) across countries surveyed, highlighting a general improvement in EV maturity across Europe
- Maturity of the EV market increased by +19% (42 points) across Europe, reflecting the overall improved penetration of EVs in European countries.
- Charging infrastructure improved considerably, with a +43% (45 points) boost across Europe. Going forward, it will be essential for local, national and European governments to invest in
- Charging infrastructure, to ensure charging availability keeps pace with surging demand
- Although EVs are still more affordable in most European countries compared to an ICE alternative, the TCO maturity of EVs has slightly decreased by 6% (14 points). This is mostly driven by the rising energy prices in 2022
LeasePlan is a global leader in Car-as-a-Service, with approximately 1.6 million vehicles under management in 28 countries. LeasePlan purchases, funds and manages new vehicles for its customers, providing a complete end-to-end service for a typical contract duration of three to four years. LeasePlan is committed to taking a leadership role in the transition to zero-emission mobility and has set itself the ambitious goal of achieving net zero emissions from its funded fleet by 2030. With nearly 60 years’ experience, LeasePlan’s mission is to provide what’s next in sustainable mobility so our customers can focus on what’s next for them. Find out more at www.leaseplan.com/corporate
Contact LeasePlan (Schweiz) AG
Mihael Hajdinjak LeasePlan (Schweiz) AG
+41 44 746 63 45 firstname.lastname@example.org Baslerpark | Baslerstrasse 60 CH-8048 Zürich
Media contact LeasePlan (Schweiz) AG
Marco Boppart bop Communications GmbH
+41 79 257 88 35 email@example.com Seestrasse 356 CH-8038 Zürich