If you need to have the registration sticker replaced please contact our colleagues at the Driver Center at +36 1 236 3665 or email@example.com.
In order to have your registration sticker replaced you need to provide the following documents:
- A copy of the registration card
- The removed registration sticker with the license plate number and the sticker number identifiable (If the last valid registration sticker is not available the vehicles must get new license plates. In case of window damage or replacement always request the sticker from the professionals carrying out the repair.)
Fee for replacing registration stickers:
- authority fee (HUF 1,500 free of VAT)
- administration (HUF 5,000 + VAT)
- courier (within Budapest, to be paid by the user on the spot), EMS urgent delivery (outside of Budapest)
Lead time for replacing registration sticker:
Average lead time to receive the certificate to replace registration sticker is one or two working days. You can use the certificate in transport for 30 days. The registration sticker are usually ready in about 3 weeks and will be delivered to you by post. (In case of urgency, if the client agrees to pay the extra fees, we send it by courier within Budapest and EMS outside of Budapest. Please specify your request concerning delivery at the Driver Center's email address.)
For your information, the related government code: 326/2011
- § (3) the damaged registration sticker may be re-manufactured if it is still identifiable based on the license plate number or bar code on it. The sticker to be re-manufactured must be removed from the windshield and displayed at the time of application.
Confiscation of registration cards during police procedure is possible in the case indicated in 96. § g if the vehicle with new (EU) type license plates does not have the registration sticker installed and the driver is unable to produce it upon request, and is not in possession of the application regarding its replacement or manufacturing.