If you need your vehicle's license plate to be replaced please contact our colleagues at the Driver Center at + 36 1 236 3665 or email@example.com.
In order to have your license plate replaced you need to provide the following documents:
- Copy of the registration card
- Registration sticker number (at the right corner of your windshield, format: Q 090909 0)
- If your license plate is damaged you need to hand it in before receiving the new one.
- If both your license plates are stolen your vehicle must receive a new license number. In this case have a police report prepared as soon as you realize that your plates are stolen. This is the only way to prove license plate related fuel usage or any other abuse. You can also file your complaint in email within 24 hours after discovering the theft at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. In case of a vehicle owned by LeasePlan please also name the leasing company and the driver using the vehicle and give a short description of when and under what circumstances you noticed that your license plates went missing.
Replacement fee for registration cards:
- authority fee (HUF 12,300 free of VAT)
- administration fee (HUF 5,000 + VAT)
- courier (within Budapest, to be paid by the user on the spot), EMS urgent delivery (outside of Budapest)
Lead time for replacing license plates
Average lead time to receive the certificate to replace license plates is one or two working days. * You can use this certificate in traffic for 30 days. The new license plates are usually ready in about 20 days and will be delivered to you by post. (In case of urgency, if the client agrees to pay the extra fees, we send it by courier within Budapest and EMS outside of Budapest. Please specify your request concerning delivery at the Driver Center's email address.)
If the driver wants to drive his/her vehicle abroad within 30 days he/she should apply for a complete license plate replacement.
- as stated by administration law, authorities have no more than 8 days to carry out administration.
For your information, the related government code: 326/2011
- § (2) the new type of license plate defined in this paragraph is not valid without a sticker
- § (6) the new type of license plate may only be re-manufactured if a valid sticker is in place. In this case at the same time as requesting the re-manufacturing of the license plate the customer also states that he is in possession of an undamaged registration sticker and presents the registration card.
(4) The lost, stolen or destroyed license plate may not be re-manufactured if it was lost for the second time, or if both plates are lost at the same time, or a plate of a motorbike or a trailer is lost.
(1) Damaged or overused but still recognizable license plates may be re-manufactured with the permission of the national transport authorities. The Authority shall order re-manufacturing after the customer paid authority fees. Damaged license plates are withdrawn as described in 57. § (8).
Confiscation of registration cards during police procedure:
(7) In the case indicated in 75. § (6) until receiving re-manufactured new (EU) type license plates the vehicle may be used with one license plate (within Hungary).