How to order a lease car?
Operational leasing allows you to plan for your car costs. If you are worried about safety and smooth management of the car, operational leasing is a great option. LeasePlan private and business lease ensures maintenance and all services are included.
It's really straightforward:
- Ask us for a proposal online through one of the special offers or configure a car to suit you. Contact us on 800 10 70 70 (cost-free call from Monday to Thursday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 5.30 p.m., and on Fridays until 5 p.m.) and we will be more than happy to help you with your request.
- Once we have received your request, our team will get in touch with you on the phone or e-mail provided. We shall then send a full proposal for your appreciation.
- When you decide to go ahead, you’ll have to send us the documents required for a financial evaluation whose aim is to verify the company’s capacity to meet its commitment to LeasePlan. This decision shall be notified within 48 hours.
- After approval, we shall send an e-mail (within 48 hours) with all the contractual documentation for its validation and signing.
- When you return the duly signed documents, we will go ahead with the order for your car (s). If you opt for one of the special offers, depending on the offer chosen (make and model), the delivery forecast shall be 15 business days and this date may be brought forward or put back. If you prefer, you can configure a car to suit you.
- As soon as the car is available for delivery, we will be in touch to schedule the date and place of delivery in line with your availability.
- Start driving with no worries throughout the contract.
Avoid the uncertainty and risk of being a car owner. LeasePlan operational leasing makes everything easy and safe, without any unforeseeable costs. Makes it easy to relax and enjoy the trip, giving you peace of mind throughout the contract. What's more, it gives you free time to spend on what you like doing most. Find out all the advantages of operational leasing.
We're always by your side. You can count on the personalised assistance of a LeasePlan manager dedicated to you or your company and with the driver helpline available 24h a day.
During the operational leasing contract, you must:
- Make payment of the monthly rent and ensure the proper usage and maintenance of the car. What’s more you will also need to: – Check the tire pressure and their general condition; – Check the oil and water levels; – Transport the car (s) to any preventive maintenance (in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions) or corrective maintenance (unforeseen repairs resulting from car wear and tear or breakdowns) where necessary; – Notify LeasePlan about any incident that affects the proper upkeep of the car.
- Where justified, take the car (s) for a MOT - Mandatory Periodic Service. You must make the booking directly at one of the inspection centers approved by LeasePlan. You can consult the list of approved inspection centers in the Oficina Fácil LeasePlan or on 800 20 42 98 (cost-free call). The car inspection must be carried out by the registration date and it may be carried out in the 3 months preceding said day.
There is the option, at any time, of altering the duration, the number of kilometres initially contracted and the inclusion of additional services, with the attendant correction of the monthly fee amount.
For example, if it is observed that the kilometres already traveled do not conform to those contracted initially, get in touch with your LeasePlan manager and make the necessary adjustments to your contract. It is preferable, and recommended, to alter the terms of the contract to avoid any costs or penalties at the end of the contract.
You have the flexibility to choose what you want to do at the end of the contract. You will have the following options:
- Option of signing a new operational leasing contract, returning the (car (s) to LeasePlan at the end of the contract;
- Extending the duration of your present contract;
- Requesting the purchase of the car from LeasePlan. Three months before the end of the contract LeasePlan will inform you of the amount for which you may acquire the car you have driven.
When you return the car (s), scheduled in advance, a report shall be drawn up about the general condition of the car and a Returns Form shall be signed by both parties confirming the handing over of the following elements: – Keys (main and spare) – Road tax document – Service history – Instructions’ manual
The aforementioned report shall be drafted in line with the Reconditioning Manual for LeasePlan commercial and passenger vehicles which documents, with text and photos, the scope of the damages regarded as acceptable, distinguishing them from those whose repair costs is quantified as they have an impact on the devaluation of the car (s).
Usually LeasePlan operational leasing includes reconditioning insurance, protection intended to cover our customers, at the end of the contract, as regards any costs associated with damages to be found in the car (s) for the sum of € 500 + VAT. If you are in doubt about the condition of the car, you may, before you return it, ask for a pre-inspection with an additional cost. This means that an inspection shall be carried out of the car and the damage shall be identified, if there is any. So you’ll know what to expect when you return the car.
What is included in an operational leasing contract?How to request a test drive? To request a test drive just get in touch with us on 800 10 70 70 (cost-free call from Monday to Thursday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 5.30 p.m. and on Fridays until 5 p.m.), or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll schedule one. Does an operational leasing contract involve making a down payment? As a rule, the LeasePlan offers do not require any down payment.What is the minimum and maximum period term of a LeasePlan operational leasing contract? The minimum term of an operational leasing contract is 12 months and there is no maximum limit. Generally speaking, contracts last for 48 months. However, the time-frames are flexible and may be adjusted to each person's needs. If you need more flexible or short-term rental, you have the [FlexiPlan](targetSelf:/en-pt/new-flexiplan/) available with a duration from 1 month up to a maximum of 12 months, with unlimited mileage and which you may rescind whenever you want without any cost. What happens if I travel more or less kilometres than those contracted initially? The operational leasing contract specifies a price per kilometre. The kilometre adjustment is always made when a contract ends. The adjustment value is calculated by making a comparison between the kilometres contracted upon contract termination and those traveled on said date. So, the surcharge amount (amount payable per extra km traveled) or deduction (amount receivable per km not traveled) is multiplied by the difference between the kilometres contracted and traveled. For example, your contract includes 25.000 kilometres with a duration of 30 months: - If, as at the contract termination date, in other words, after 30 months, it is observed that you have traveled a total of 30.000 km, it means 5.000 km more (+20%) than those initially contracted, if the price per extra kilometre is, for example, € 0.05, when multiplying by the difference in kilometres, it would have a cost of € 250 (5.000 km x € 0.05). If the extra kilometres traveled exceeds 25% over and above those initially stipulated, the surcharge cost per extra km increases by 50%. - if you travel less kilometres than those initially contracted, you will receive the deduction amount per km not traveled multiplied by the difference in kilometres, up to a maximum of 25% of the kilometres billed. If upon the contract termination date, it is observed that you have traveled a total of 20.000 km, 5.000 km less (-20%) than those initially contracted, if the price per kilometre deducted is, for example, € 0.02, when multiplying by the difference in kilometres, you would receive € 100 (5.000 km x € 0.02). These values are provided by way of example, you must always confirm the surcharge and deduction amounts under your contractual conditions. However, at any time of the contract, you may request an update of the terms of your contract by way of a recalculation, and adjust the number of kilometres owed to a significant deviation in them, with the respective rectification of the monthly fee amount. As from a deviation of 15% you are recommended to do so as in this way you will avoid any unexpected costs at the end of the contract. Can I cancel an operational leasing contract before contract ends? Yes, there is always the option of cancelling the LeasePlan operational leasing contract before contracts ends. This option will involve an extra cost regulated in the contract whereby LeasePlan shall apply a 40% penalty to the value of the remaining rents, applied after 12 months of the contract. In other words, the first 12 months must always be paid in full. For example, you have contracted the operational leasing of a new car with a duration of 30 months, 25.000 kilometres and a rent of €200 per month. If you wish to end and cancel your contract: - 8 months before contract termination, a 40% penalty is applied to the value of the rents yet to fall due. So the calculation would be: € 200 (monthly rent inc. VAT) x 8 months = 1.600 x 0.4 (40% penalty) = € 640. In this case, the penalty for early rescission would be € 640; - Once only 10 months have elapsed since the start of the contract, you must assume payment of the two monthly missing to make up the initial 12 months: € 200 (monthly rent inc. VAT) x 2 months = € 400. The 40% penalty calculation is then applied to the missing rents, in this case to the value of the rents pertaining to the remaining 18 months (30 months contracted – 12 initial months = 18 months). And it is applied in the following manner: € 200 (monthly rent inc. VAT) x 18 months (missing) = 3,600 x 0.4 (40% penalty) = € 1.440. Hence, the penalty for cancelling the contract 10 months after its start would be a total of € 400 + € 1,440 = € 1.840. In the case of an operational leasing contract for used cars, it is necessary to pay the initial 6 months in full (instead of 12 months in the case of a new car) and a 20% penalty (instead of 40% in the case of a new car) on the value of the rents to fall due. In addition to the penalty for early termination, you must also consider any reconditioning costs calculated if the car has suffered any damage, as well as the adjustment to the kilometres to which, in this case, there shall be an adjustment, solely including those kilometres billed and not those initially contracted. What should I do at the end of the contract when returning the car to LeasePlan? When you return the car, a report shall be drawn up about the general condition of the car and a Returns Form shall be signed by both parties confirming the handing over of the following elements: – Keys (main and spare) – Road tax document – Service history – Instructions’ manual The aforementioned report shall be drawn up in line with the LeasePlan [Reconditioning Manual](targetSelf:https://www.leaseplan.com/en-pt/my-lease-car/useful-downloads/) for commercial vehicles and passenger vehicles which documents, with text and photos, the scope of the damages regarded as acceptable, distinguishing them from those whose repair costs is quantified as they have an impact on the devaluation of the car.
Find your next lease car
We have selected some of the best special offers for you and for your business.