Global Privacy Statement
Global Privacy Statement
Updated 1 November 2015
LeasePlan is a car leasing company and therefore most of the data we process are in relation to the vehicle management services we provide to you as the driver and to your employer if you have a company car. This starts with the registration of your leased vehicle, and continues when we communicate with you about our services, e.g. to arrange for periodic maintenance and repairs. We may also process your data when your vehicle inadvertently is involved in an accident, to ensure that we restore mobility and handle any damage, or where we are the recipient of traffic fines in relation to your leased vehicle. Next to our core-leasing activities, we also provide a number of other related services, such as fuel card services, car rental services, and roadside assistance. Note that we continuously try to improve our services and your user experience, by implementing innovations, such as telematics services which enable drivers to benchmark their fuel use consumption and driver behavior.
In order to provide you with our services, we often work closely with Service Partners and Service Providers. Our Service Partners assist us in providing our leasing and other services to you, and include car dealerships, car maintenance providers, body repair shops, and roadside assistance providers, but also rental service companies, and the administrators of our driver safety programs. Service Providers are companies we retain that support us in running our business, for example to help us maintain our IT network and related infrastructure, and security and access controls to our premises.
How do we receive and process your information?
There are a variety of ways in which we come into the possession of your personal information, such as when you start using your leased vehicles (either through your employer or through private lease), when you visit our website,or otherwise interact with us. Data may come from you directly, e.g. when you contact us in relation to roadside assistance or to report an accident involving your leased vehicle or when you respond to our surveys. When you have received your leased vehicle in the context of your employment, we may also receive information from your employer, such as your basic contact information and your lease category. When you have engaged with one of our Service Partners, we may receive information back from them such as when your vehicle has been repaired, when you have participated in a driver safety program or when you have rented a car through our program.
LeasePlan Privacy Pledges
Regardless of when and how we process your personal information:
- Transparency: we will tell you how we collect your information and for what purposes we use your information
- We process your information only to the extent necessary for the provision of the relevant LeasePlan service provided to you and your employer (if applicable)
- We allow our staff access your information on a need-to-know basis only
- We provide your information to Service Partners and Providers only to the extent necessary for delivering the relevant services (e.g. scheduling repair and maintenance, providing emergency assistance). We will put in place (contractual) arrangements that are aimed at ensuring that our Service Partners treat you information no less stringent than we do
- Adequate security:
- We treat your information as strictly confidential and we take appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your information against loss or unlawful processing.
- Where we outsource a data processing we impose contractual obligations to protect your information
- We will ask your consent before using your information for purposes other than pertaining to the delivery of the services.
- We will make it easy for you to indicate if you do not (or no longer) wish to receive our marketing messages by providing you with an easy opportunity to opt-out before sending any direct email on our products and services, as well as in every direct email we send. If you opt-out we may still communicate with you via e-mail regarding the delivery of the services.
- Data transfers: LeasePlan being a global company your information may be transferred also to other LeasePlan entities, some of which may be in countries that do not provide adequate protection to personal data. We ensure that your personal information is treated with a high level of protection throughout the LeasePlan group. To that end, LeasePlan has implemented the LeasePlan Binding Corporate Rules, which ensure that every LeasePlan entity worldwide applies the same high level of protection to personal information.
- Control: You will always be provided with an easy manner to access, correct and delete your information.
If you would like to know about our privacy practices in more detail, please read our Global Privacy Statement so that you understand how we collect and use your personal data.
Global Privacy Statement
LeasePlan is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information collected and processed by us. Compliant privacy and data security practices have therefore become integral components of LeasePlan’s Services, corporate governance, accountability and risk management. We therefore process only such personal information as is necessary for the provision of the relevant Services.
Please read this Privacy Statement carefully so that you understand how we collect and use your personal data.
This Statement can be stored or printed using the buttons at the bottom of your screen.
Scope of this Privacy Statement
This Global Privacy Statement (“Statement”) describes our practices in connection with personal information that we collect from:
- Website visitors/users (“Website Visitors”);
- Business clients (“Clients”);
- Clients’ employees/drivers (“Drivers”). (Individually and collectively also referred to as “you”)
We collect and use your personal information through our various vehicle and fleet leasing, management, and driver mobility services, as further described in Section 1 (“Services”).
Please note that this Statement does not apply to the following affiliates and/or services. These services are governed by separate privacy statements, which you can review below.
- Mobility Mixx B.V.;
- Euro Insurances Ltd. or other insurance-related activities;
- CarNext International;
- LeasePlan Bank.
Responsibilities of Clients
Insofar as Clients (employers) have access to personal information, the Client (employer) is the data controller responsible for the processing and use thereof. This Statement does not apply to the processing and use of personal data by Clients (employers).
Who is the controller of your personal information?
The local LeasePlan entity is the company responsible for the processing of your personal information (data controller).
Sometimes LeasePlan Corporation N.V. is a joint controller:
Address: P.J. Oudweg 41, 1314 CJ Almere, the Netherlands
The relevant local LeasePlan entity and LeasePlan Corporation N.V. are jointly referred to as “LeasePlan” and “we”.