Global market leader LeasePlan increases Q3 net profit by 32% to EUR 111 million
Almere, the Netherlands, 30 November 2015 - LeasePlan Corporation will from now on provide quarterly trading updates, to further increase transparency of information for its stakeholders.
FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS Q3:
- Total assets up to EUR 20.7 billion at 30 September 2015, from EUR 19.0 billion at 30 September 2014. Increase reflects positive development of LeasePlan’s fleet size to 1.5 million vehicles.
- Profitability benefitted from healthy sales margins and a further improvement of the second hand car market, resulting in strong termination income.
- Q3 net profit increase of 31.8% to EUR 110.7 million (Q3 2014: EUR 84.0 million), year to date net profit up 24.5% compared to 2014.
- Healthy capital and liquidity position: Common equity tier 1 ratio stable at 17.2% at 30 September 2015, liquidity buffer at EUR 4.6 billion.
- LeasePlan Bank retail deposits at EUR 5.0 billion at 30 September 2015 (EUR 4.4 billion at 30 September 2014).
- Following the announcement of the anticipated change of ownership, LeasePlan has concluded two public transactions (EUR 500 million in September and USD 500 million in October) and various private senior unsecured transactions
OPERATIONAL HIGHLIGHTS Q3:
- Number of vehicles under management now at 1.5 million vehicles (1.4 million end of September 2014). Increase in fleet of 8% year on year further confirming LeasePlan's global market leadership.
- Introduction of 3D Coverage insurance proposition leads to strong increases in the group's insurance business.
- Continuing increases in the group's SME business with year on year growth around 11%. Successful private lease campaigns in the Netherlands and Belgium. Good growth in all other market segments.
- Further acceleration and roll-out of mobility and innovation solutions in telematics and launch of SwopCar, the Group’s car sharing product and FlexiPlan the new flexible leasing product.
Ownership of LeasePlan
On 23 July 2015 LeasePlan announced that its 100% shareholder Global Mobility Holding B.V. (“GMH”) had reached an agreement with a consortium of long-term investors to acquire full ownership of LeasePlan. As of 5 October all necessary competition authority approvals have been obtained. The agreement is also subject to approval by the European Central Bank in consultation with the Dutch Central Bank. GMH has recently informed LeasePlan that closing is now expected in Q1 2016.