Here are some of the states where we’re currently seeing DMV delays or supply chain impacts:
- Arizona – the worldwide aluminum shortage caused a temporary interruption in the production of AZ license plates. This will impact initial registrations, state changes and replacement plates. Customers who ordered plates after May 21 will begin receiving most specialty plates the week of June 7, with standard plates beginning to arrive the week of June 14 from the ADOT fulfillment center. For more information, you can read the full press release on the ADOT website.
- Delaware – the Dover DMV location is currently processing registrations received from 4/28/2021.
- Hawaii – currently running 4 weeks behind in processing. This is creating a particularly difficult situation as HI inspections are only valid for 30 days. We are monitoring extremely closely with this vendor to get renewals completed within the window.
- Idaho – Ada County is currently processing registrations received from February 2021.
- Kansas – Johnson County is currently processing registrations received from 5/12/2021.
- Maryland – currently running 4 to 6 weeks behind.
- Massachusetts – is currently running 3 weeks behind, on average.
- Mississippi – Yazoo County is currently running at least 6 weeks behind and is processing registrations received from 4/15/2021.
- New Jersey – currently processing registrations from 5/23/2021.
- Oregon – currently processing registrations received from 1/20/2021.
- Tennessee – Shelby County is currently working on units received 5/3/2021.
- Texas – Harris County is currently processing registrations 12 weeks behind.
Because we’re seeing so many different delays from state to state and county to county, there’s no “one size fits all” recommendation. We will be keeping you updated monthly on the locations with known delays so you can prepare your drivers.
We recommend working with your account team to review the missing and expired registration report weekly so you're informed on what is nearing expiration and we can partner to better manage exceptions – like a driver that’s missing their inspection.
If you would like a demo or more information on using this report please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additionally, accurate driver data is key in having a smooth registration renewal experience. Make sure driver information is up to date in ePlan including:
- Driver address
- Driver phone number
- Driver email address (this one is extra important as we're updating our registration renewal communications to be 100% digital in the coming months)
If a vehicle is temporarily out of service or has been reassigned, it’s important to let us know!