Athene is the Lead Investor in the Combination of LeasePlan USA with Wheels Donlen
This combination creates a strong competitor in mobility, which will allow Wheels Donlen and LeasePlan USA to provide enhanced solutions to corporate fleets. Benefitting from added scale, materially increased investment capacity, and differentiated capabilities, the combined company will be better positioned to service customers and facilitate growing trends towards electric vehicles and digital technologies.
The advantages of the combined company and Athene ownership:
- International co-operation agreement with LeasePlan Corporation and LeasePlan Canada
- A fleet management powerhouse with over 1,000,000 vehicles
- Strong purchasing power representing your best interests
- Solid financial backing by $245B assets and top 15 US bank
- Securitization for competitive and flexible financing
If you have any questions or concerns about what this means for your fleet, please reach out to your Customer Experience representative.
We're improving our L&T processes!
L&T Communications - Paper to digital!
Next month, LeasePlan is implementing exciting technical improvements to our L&T process in an effort to increase on-time Renewals.
These improvements include new intelligent communications that allow us to:
- send drivers timely updates based on state requirements and deadlines
- better track engagement to ensure we reach drivers
- follow up on delays quickly and efficiently
- increase the likelihood that Renewals are completed on time
Going forward, drivers will now receive all important L&T information digitally via email instead of via mail.
To ensure we can successfully communicate time- sensitive reminders to your drivers, please review and update all driver email addresses in ePlan. Keep in mind that these email addresses must be tied to a single driver and cannot be tied to a group mailbox.
L&T Renewals - Even in the shop!
Last month, we integrated a new L&T process improvement that allows us to proceed with the Renewal requests when a vehicle is within 90 days of expiration while in the shop.
This is a huge time saver for drivers. In the first month of having this improvement in place, we were able to successfully move 439 vehicles through this process! That means:
- 439 drivers did not have to email or mail in their requested state inspections
- 439 vehicles that did not require a 2nd or 3rd letter or email to be sent out reminding drivers to have inspections done
- 439 vehicles with on-time Renewals even while they were in the shop
We look forward to bringing you more enhancements throughout 2022!
Accident Management Trends
- Claim volumes are returning to pre-pandemic numbers
- In 2021, claim volumes increased by 10% after decreasing 20% in 2020
- Average collision repair costs increased by approximately 8% YOY in 2021, which was the largest YOY increase in 10+ years
- As remote work options continue, roads are less congested and people are traveling at higher rates of speed, creating more severe losses
- New vehicle shortages continue, causing more vehicle repairs
Repair Costs and Trends
- Prices of parts have increased by 8% as raw materials and shipping costs have increased along with higher labor for manufacturing
- As safety systems in vehicles become more advanced, more parts, labor hours, recalibration costs, and charges are involved
- In Q4 2021, the average national scheduling time at shops was 3.4 weeks compared to 1.7 weeks in Q4 pre-pandemic
- Securing collision repair parts is taking on average approximately 15-30 days longer than pre-pandemic
- Technician shortage is an ongoing issue in the industry that has only increased during the pandemic
- EV repairs remain a small percentage – 0.6% of written estimates in 2021
Considering going electric?
LeasePlan's product team took an EV road trip to NAFA
- Kris Bush, John Ciarlone and James Brand kicked off their EV road trip to NAFA Fleet Management Association Institute & Expo 2022. Kris took his Ford Mustang Mach-E, while John and James rode in the LeasePlan outfitted Tesla Model 3. Follow their journey in these 3 videos!
- First leg of the trip: Kris, John and James set out on the road to NAFA Fleet Management Association I&E 2022 in Cincinnati, Ohio from the LeasePlan USA HQ in Alpharetta, Georgia in high spirits. Both the Mustang Mach-E and Model 3 were indicating plenty of range to the first charging point. Watch the video
- Second leg of the trip: John and James made it to the first charging point with 18% battery remaining, better than the projected 10% at the beginning of the trip! This is a great example of how the type and style of driving in an electric vehicle can affect your range - nice and easy on the gas pedal! This also has a knock-on positive effect on your OneScore! Watch the video
- Last leg of the trip: A successful trip! Despite some challenges finding accessible charging stations for the Mustang Mach-E, both vehicles made it to the overnight stop with plenty of time to spare. Watch the video
Now offering bulk ordering discounts on all Nissans
LeasePlan is now offering bulk ordering discounts on all Nissans. These discounts will bring most vehicle pricing close to (and in some cases below) invoice pricing.
Please see the discount incentives below.
- 50 or more units - No Stock Fee
- 100 or more units - No Stock Fee/MSRP less $1000
- 200 or more units - No Stock Fee/MSRP less $2000 (with the exception of the Kicks, because of the low initial pricing $1500)
Contact your Client Success partner today to secure Nissan vehicles.
Check out our new and improved L&T insights
Get greater insights into your renewals with our new L&T dashboard
We are excited to announce we recently released the new License and Title Interactive Dashboard in ePlan. The dashboard contains charts, summary data and detailed reports on several important Registration Renewals data points including:
- Renewals requiring client or driver action
- Registrations expiring soon
- Renewals completed on-time (% and #)
- Status of Renewals
- Historical data and trends
Here’s a quick look at the new dashboard showcasing your renewals completed and in queue by month and your renewals currently in process or expired.
The dashboard also includes sections outlining your outstanding action items.
To access the new dashboard, simply visit the Interactive Dashboards tab in ePlan.
Coming soon! Updates to the Missing and Expired Registration Report
We’re working on a new and improved Missing and Expired Registration Report. The report will contain the same great information but will have an updated look and feel, making it easier to keep track of all vehicles with missing license plate information or expired registration dates.
By using the report, you can:
- Easily utilize and digest the data
- Quickly identify the service the vehicle is currently going through
- View the information in three separate parts (Missing Plate Info, State Change in Process, or Expired Registration) or in one report with three separate tabs
Did you know? By utilizing the Tags Nearing Expiration report and acting on any state requirements as early as possible, you greatly reduce the number of vehicles expired due to state-required inspections not being completed on time.
As you look for ways to streamline operations, check out how to best utilize other popular reports in ePlan!
Increase fleet efficiencies with OneConnect
OneConnect enhances your fleet productivity while keeping your drivers moving forward with actionable data and key insights all on a single platform.
With OneConnect you get:
- 360-degree view of your fleet through our cloud platform with real-time fleet performance data
- Actionable insights into your drivers' performance along with vehicle reports for your entire fleet
- Powerful dashboards to analyze driver productivity and see where your vehicles are headed while they are on the move
- Customized event thresholds to establish fleet rules to keep your fleet safe, efficient and compliant
Watch the video below!
MyLeasePlan enhancements are coming your way
With the upcoming MyLeasePlan release, your drivers will get Personal Mileage Reporting capabilities like never before – including a simplified user interface and easier options for reporting mileage.
Watch the video below to learn more!
The upgrades to the Personal Mileage Reporting tool will improve your drivers’ experience. The new release features:
- Push notifications to help your drivers stay up to date
- Guidance and icons that alert drivers to take action
- More intuitive navigation and easier mileage reporting
- The new update will make it easier than ever to help your drivers report mileage on time, so you can continue to drive business forward!
Introducing our new Emergency Roadside partner!
We are excited to announce we’ve transitioned to a new towing vendor, Roadside Protect! Earlier this year, we saw a decline in service levels and driver satisfaction specific to our towing services. After reviewing the feedback, we decided it was time to change vendors. What makes Roadside Protect the best solution:
- Fleet friendly
- Strong towing vendor network
- Systems in place to track their tow vendors
- Ability to rate vendors and provide feedback
- Drivers can track their tow truck using app technology and communicate directly through SMS messaging
For the fastest service, have important info ready when you call for a tow!
When calling for a tow, drivers should have the following information ready to ensure speedier service and dispatch.
- Vehicle VIN (last 8 digits) to validate eligibility
- Any upfit, load or special equipment information that could impact towing or service requirements
- Issue causing the need for roadside
- What service required from roadside
- Location of the disablement
- Tow to destination
Once the towing service is complete, please fill out the survey so we can be aware of opportunities for improvement.
Are you taking advantage of the tools ePlan offers this ordering season?
Have you seen our new ePlan resources? Our Ordering Series helps you best utilize the tools that make ordering easy and efficient. Be sure to check out the best practices, expert tips and how-to videos!
To receive more ePlan expert tips straight to your inbox, email us at email@example.com.
Give your drivers the most interactive experience with the MyLeasePlan App
Our mechanics have been busy improving the MyLeasePlan app to give your drivers the tools to stay in the know and on the road. Our latest release included some exciting updates:
- Drivers can stay up to date on major milestones in the order-to-delivery process right from the Order Status screen under My Car.
- The estimated delivery date is now visible on more Order Status screens.
- When a vehicle arrives at the dealer, the driver will now see pickup details with specific instructions based on who is handling the initial title and registration.
Improved order to delivery emails, including even more "need-to-know" info!
In July, we updated our Order to Deliver emails to drivers. These emails now include extra information on what drivers can expect with their initial registration.
There are also two different communications – depending on who is completing the registration (LeasePlan or the Dealer). These communications provide drivers with clear next steps and what to expect throughout the registration process.
This update was implemented based on direct feedback from drivers asking for help to better prepare for vehicle pickup. We look forward to continuing to measure how these improvements impact overall driver satisfaction with new vehicle delivery.
Meet our new Vice President, License and Title - Randy Purvis
LeasePlan is delighted to announce that Randy Purvis is the new Vice President of License & Title.
Randy brings with him over 25 years of business and operations management experience, with almost 12 years in the automotive title and registration industry. He has demonstrated success in executive-level management, including leadership positions at multi-billion-dollar international organizations like Reynolds and Reynolds, Assurant, FedEx and BHP. During his time at FDI/DealerTrack and Secure Title Administration, he led large teams that managed over 20M automotive titles and supported high volume workflows for the auto finance community, including several thousand financial institutions nationwide, to provide title and registration services for their portfolios.
We are confident that Randy’s industry knowledge and expertise will help us significantly as we continue sharpening our own L&T services.
"I am excited to be taking on the role of Vice President, Operations – License & Title at LeasePlan. My experience in the auto title space strongly compliments the processes and strategies LeasePlan has in place, and I am looking forward to contributing to the success and growth of the organization!I am anticipating many opportunities as we start to look at things differently, bring in new products, and adapt to the ever-evolving world around us. I look forward to meeting and working with many of our customers, partners and vendors," - Randy Purvis.
Living out the Customer First culture at LeasePlan!
This year, we introduced a new way of rewarding the LeasePlan teams that exemplify the Customer First attitude - consistently putting our customers at the heart of everything they do - when interacting with internal or external customers.
Each month, one team is selected from the nominations and recognized for how they contribute to the Customer First culture at LeasePlan.
Meet our latest winners:
- Driver Care: “This team has shown that they consistently provide a Customer First attitude with every interaction. Over the past year, this team delivers record results for first contact resolution, even with the growing number of requests. Based on driver feedback and an above-target quality assurance score of 97%, this team continues to focus on our customers in a friendly and professional manner.”
- Out of Stock team: “This team is always friendly no matter the obstacles they face, especially now with such a shortage of available vehicles. They are eager to share knowledge about a process or situation. They think outside the box and see possibilities that might otherwise be overlooked. Once a vehicle has been located, they will work diligently with the dealers to secure the vehicle. They understand the intricacies necessary in dealing with various purchase situations and will follow through.”
- Accounts Payable team: “The AP Team is the final step in our transaction. They know how important their role is each day, ensuring the driver can pick up their vehicle. Since last March when we left the office, we had to change some of our daily processes and relied on the AP team even more. They have gone above and beyond to take on new tasks. This team is always willing to help with any problems that come up. They are all very knowledgeable and wonderful to work with.”
- Office Services team: “This team has worked hard at assisting with various projects over the changing office environment throughout the last year. They’ve set up new mailroom processes and prepared the office for on-site employees, all while ensuring mail and workflow continues uninterrupted - in what has been a challenging situation with many employees remote or only onsite part time.”
New ePlan resources to make managing your fleet anytime, anywhere easier
You said: Online tips & training for ePlan would be helpful.
We listened: We launched our first two tutorial series – working with drivers & working with vehicles!
Working with driver and vehicle records are two of the most frequently requested areas within ePlan so we want to be sure you’re equipped with the tools to:
- Add a new driver
- Edit, change, or terminate a driver
- Edit a vehicle or garage address
July will be the start to our new series - Vehicle Ordering!
Reach out to your account team if you would like to receive ePlan tips & tutorials each month!
In addition, we also have some exciting features coming to ePlan this year so stay tuned for more news!
Your drivers' satisfaction matters!
You said: Driver satisfaction is important to you.
We listened: We partnered with a new glass repair vendor in 2021 to deliver an all-around better driver experience!
In 2020, we began to notice a slight dip in performance and driver satisfaction with our Glass Repair vendor and started researching other vendors. In 2021, we changed to our new vendor and here are just a few of the improvements that we’ve seen so far:
- Driver satisfaction from 4.35 out of 5 in 2020 to 4.5 out of 5 in 2021.
- Technology – the addition of a much more robust app and call center has made it easier for drivers to book service.
- Convenience – recalibrations are needed on about 70% of vehicles in our fleet. Our new vendor can manage this service on site, where our previous supplier needed to send the vehicle back to the dealer.
- Cost – there has been no increase in the cost of glass repair and there’s $40 in savings if a recalibration is needed.
We’ve also been evaluating some of our other vendor relationships this year, so you can expect to hear more in the coming months about areas we’re anticipating improvement!
Introducing Chris Watkins, new head of operations
LeasePlan USA is very excited to be welcoming Chris Watkins to the position of executive vice president, operations. Watkins brings with him experience from 12 years in executive leadership roles at Assurant along with a further 17 years working at Hewlett Packard. This experience brings a deep understanding of customer focused business operations with a focus on process improvement through clear metrics, enhanced performance and the use of technology.
As LeasePlan USA looks to continually improve the level of service it provides for its customers, the choosing of an individual of Watkins' caliber in this position serves to further this ambition and solidifies LeasePlan's position as an industry leader.
Meet Chris virtually at our Client Connect meeting this month on June 24th at 12pm EST.