2022 Q2 Updates
Check out how we're keeping you at the heart of everything we do.
We're improving our L&T processes!
L&T Communications - paper to digital!
Next month, LeasePlan is implementing exciting technical improvements to our L&T process in an effort to increase on-time Renewals.
These improvements include new intelligent communications that allow us to:
- send drivers timely updates based on state requirements and deadlines
- better track engagement to ensure we reach drivers
- follow up on delays quickly and efficiently
- increase the likelihood that Renewals are completed on time
- going forward, drivers will now receive all important L&T information digitally via email instead of via mail.
To ensure we can successfully communicate time- sensitive reminders to your drivers, please review and update all driver email addresses in ePlan. Keep in mind that these email addresses must be tied to a single driver and cannot be tied to a group mailbox.
L&T Renewals - even in the shop!
Last month, we integrated a new L&T process improvement that allows us to proceed with the Renewal requests when a vehicle is within 90 days of expiration while in the shop.
This is a huge time saver for drivers. In the first month of having this improvement in place, we were able to successfully move 439 vehicles through this process! That means:
- 439 drivers did not have to email or mail in their requested state inspections
- 439 vehicles that did not require a 2nd or 3rd letter or email to be sent out reminding drivers to have inspections done
- 439 vehicles with on-time Renewals even while they were in the shop
We look forward to bringing you more enhancements throughout 2022!
Accident Management & Repair trends for Q2
Are you aware of the Accident Management and Repair trends that may impact your fleet? We’re breaking down some of the need-to-know areas and what you can expect to see in Q2 of this year.
Accident Management Trends
- Claim volumes are returning to pre-pandemic numbers
- In 2021, claim volumes increased by 10% after decreasing 20% in 2020
- Average collision repair costs increased by approximately 8% YOY in 2021, which was the largest YOY increase in 10+ years
- As remote work options continue, roads are less congested and people are traveling at higher rates of speed, creating more severe losses
- New vehicle shortages continue, causing more vehicle repairs
Repair Costs and Trends
- Prices of parts have increased by 8% as raw materials and shipping costs have increased along with higher labor for manufacturing
- As safety systems in vehicles become more advanced, more parts, labor hours, recalibration costs, and charges are involved
- In Q4 2021, the average national scheduling time at shops was 3.4 weeks compared to 1.7 weeks in Q4 pre-pandemic
- Securing collision repair parts is taking on average approximately 15-30 days longer than pre-pandemic
- Technician shortage is an ongoing issue in the industry that has only increased during the pandemic
- EV repairs remain a small percentage – 0.6% of written estimates in 2021
Considering going electric?
LeasePlan's product team took an EV road trip to NAFA
- Kris Bush, John Ciarlone and James Brand kicked off their EV road trip to NAFA Fleet Management Association Institute & Expo 2022. Kris took his Ford Mustang Mach-E, while John and James rode in the LeasePlan outfitted Tesla Model 3. Follow their journey in these 3 videos!
- First leg of the trip: Kris, John and James set out on the road to NAFA Fleet Management Association I&E 2022 in Cincinnati, Ohio from the LeasePlan USA HQ in Alpharetta, Georgia in high spirits. Both the Mustang Mach-E and Model 3 were indicating plenty of range to the first charging point. Watch the video
- Second leg of the trip: John and James made it to the first charging point with 18% battery remaining, better than the projected 10% at the beginning of the trip! This is a great example of how the type and style of driving in an electric vehicle can affect your range - nice and easy on the gas pedal! This also has a knock-on positive effect on your OneScore! Watch the video
- Last leg of the trip: A successful trip! Despite some challenges finding accessible charging stations for the Mustang Mach-E, both vehicles made it to the overnight stop with plenty of time to spare. Watch the video