GEORGIA DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE CLOSURES:
Due to scheduled system maintenance, the Georgia Department of Revenue will be closed the following dates.
Cobb, Dekalb, Gwinnett, and Fulton Counties:
Closed from January 12-18, reopening on January 19.
During this system upgrade, all motor vehicle services will be unavailable.
- NO vehicle registration or titling services available in offices.
- NO online services or kiosk available.
The entire system will be down from January 14 through January 16.
Please note that all county offices will be unable to process any T&R work from January 13 to January 18. Any motor vehicle work that is mailed during those days will be held until January 19 when the Georgia Department of Revenue’s system has been fully updated.
WASHINGTON DC DEPARTMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLES
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, DC DMV’s Processing Center is experiencing delays processing dealer work. The average processing time is currently 30 days. Dealer transactions should still be submitted via mail or overnight mail, and must include return overnight shipping labels and envelopes for the expected deliverables. There will be no dealer services for expedited dealer transactions services until further notice.
All DC DMV Service Center locations, including Ticket Adjudication Services, and the Brentwood Commercial Driver License (CDL) Office, are still operating on an “appointment only” basis, by performing limited in-person services.
- The DC DMV Inspection Station is fully operational on a “first come, first serve” basis. The Inspection Station Fall/Winter operating hours are Tuesdays to Saturdays, from 7:00am to 3:00pm, and Wednesdays from 8:00am to 3:00pm.
- At the Southwest Service Center (95 M Street, SW), the appointment only services facilitate in-person, individual transactions for vehicle title and registrations, as well as, dealer/runner same day vehicle title and registrations with a three (3) transaction limit. The vehicle must have an expiring dealer issued temporary registration, which will expire within the next fifteen (15) days of the appointment date. Once again, the dealer/runner must have an appointment to receive window service.
All DC Government COVID-19 public safety guidelines are in force at all DC DMV locations, and no service will be provided if customers do not comply with these guidelines.
- DC DMV online services remain available, and customers are encouraged to use online options by visiting dmv.dc.gov.
- DC DMV has extended the expiration date for all documents expiring from March 1, 2020 through the duration of the public health emergency
- This includes driver licenses, identification cards, vehicle registrations, vehicle inspections, ticket payments and ticket adjudication responses, until 45 days after the public health emergency concludes.
- All driver licenses, vehicle registrations, and vehicle inspections scheduled to expire during that timeframe, have been granted a waiver without penalty until DC DMV reopens at full operating capacity.