What are maintenance providers doing to keep drivers safe?
Maintenance and repair providers in our network are following rigorous daily sanitation procedures, health protocols and social distancing guidelines as instructed by the CDC.
Our partners - such as Goodyear and Just Tires - are offering zero contact and curbside check-ins. Drivers can simply book an appointment, call the store upon arrival from the car and team members will greet the driver to perform a key exchange, maintaining appropriate social distancing protocols.
Additionally, if you prefer drivers do not visit the waiting room, Valvoline is offering a drive-thru oil change experience allowing them to stay in the vehicle during service.
How can I limit contact that may expose me to germs at the shops?
If you are enrolled in MyLeasePlan, our mobile app for drivers, you can use the digital Vehicle Maintenance Guide (VMG) to obtain services at our vendor network. Simply click on Maintenance Guide in the Quick Access menu to pull up authorization and billing details, as well as preventive maintenance service schedules. No more passing printed guides back and forth that could spread germs.
Will supply of parts be impacted?
At this time, we do not foresee an immediate impact to parts supply. Our vehicle maintenance experts and partners are closely monitoring this and will provide updates if the situation changes.
Will tire supply be affected with plant shutdowns?
While some of our partners have announced manufacturing plant shutdowns, they are closely monitoring tire supply levels. The temporary shutdowns are in place to more closely align with demand levels. Our partners have reported they currently have a surplus of tires and will continue to fill orders. LeasePlan experts will continue to monitor this closely and will update you here should we expect a change in supply levels.
Will Maintenance and Repair facilities continue with "business as usual"?
While many of our partners are still in full operation, some have opted to shorten their store hours - opening later and closing earlier than normal - or close specific locations. It is best to call ahead to secure an appointment and inquire about any adjusted hours. We have included a list of adjusted store hours below:
- Big O Tires - will remain open for business based on local situation. Please reach out to your local branch to make an appointment for service or tire needs.
- Bridgestone / Firestone - many stores are modifying hours and moving closing time to 7 p.m. until further notice. Additionally, several stores with Moonlight hours are suspending this service. Quick and easy curbside drop-off is now available at all locations. Simply drop-off your vehicle in the designated curbside area, place your keys in provided Ziploc bag and call us at the provided number to discuss your needs. Leave your bagged key in the key drop, and our team will take care of the rest. Once your car is ready, it will be wiped down/sanitized including the key. Contact-free checkout options are also available over the phone.
- Contact-Free Services: Our team can perform the following services contact-free, meaning they can be performed without our employees entering your vehicle. In addition, several of these contact-free services can be performed while you remain in your vehicle, in our designated contact-free service areas. Services where you remain in the vehicle: tire pressure air check, fluid check/top-off, wiper blade replacement, light bulb replacement, ED-18 battery check, air filter replacement, battery replacement (most).
- Goodyear - extended production shutdown indefinitely. Goodyear anticipate that current inventory levels will support the significantly diminished demand. Offering free DOT inspections to help keep fleets on the road.
- Meineke - 94% operational with 756/808 centers open and operating.
- Midas - will remain open for business based on local situation. Please reach out to your local branch to make an appointment for service or tire needs.
- NTB - modified store hours as follows:
Monday - Friday: 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Saturday: 7.30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Sunday: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Pep Boys - SSC employees are working remotely to minimize business impact. Now launched a touchless drop-off and pick-up process in service bays, while also providing gloves, seat and steering wheel covers, and floor mats for vehicles. Curbside pick-up also now available, where permitted, for parts orders placed online. Pep Boys stores remain open but may have adjusted opening hours.
- Take 5 - 100% operational at this time, with all 486 US locations, and 38 Canadian locations open.
- Tire Kingdom - modified store hours as follows:
Monday - Friday: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday: 7.30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sunday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Valvoline - offering drive-thru oil changes. Our team members do not have to touch your keys or your oil reset light. You will have the option to use a contactless credit card. We can email your invoice vs printing.