At LeasePlan, we are always asking What's next in mobility.
Join our team and be part of a dynamic, exciting and engaging business, so we can discover What’s next together!
The VP, Syndications will manage the syndication of truck and equipment leases to various financial institutions, as well as serve as the relationship manager for the multiple funding sources.
- Manage the syndication process including; researching market intel, reviewing recent deals closed and identifying potential funding sources (banks/financial Institutions). Analyze Available for Sale reports to identify and market syndication opportunities to funding sources.
- Serve as point of contact for funding sources during and after syndication process. Maintain relationships with each institution and keep an internal database of all participating financial institutions. Develop solid working relationships and communicate and resolve potential problems that could jeopardize funder relationships and goodwill.
- Use SuperTrump pricing software to price leases for syndication. Will be involved in negotiations regarding rates and fees with funding sources.
- Draft offering memoranda (term sheets), proposals, and financial presentations detailing client and transaction-related fundamental information including merits, risks, and risk mitigation. Keep active templates for marketing materials and offering memorandums with current information on both LeasePlan and the market.
- Maintain and manage database of all syndications in SalesForce to track investors, structures, pricing, trends and other important information. Manage reports for submission to senior management.
- New business development. Initiate contact with potential new investors and manage the onboarding process and fiscal agent negotiations with legal.
- Serve as subject matter expert with the sales originations team regarding current syndications, client updates and future business. Provide guidance to origination sales team on prospective syndicated loan deals and assist in reviewing new lead opportunities.
- Provide guidance to sales team on credit quality of prospects and potential funding sources so that deals can be structured based on funding source requirements.
- Seek residual setting guidance for residuals on operating leases from funding sources and internal asset management team.
- Work closely with Contract Administrators to provide adequate information regarding documentation of sale packages.
- Manage the planning, management of, and track details for investor meetings and related events.
- Fully understand all LeasePlan USA leasing products (TRAC, split TRAC, FMV, First Amendment, Capitalized) for each structure including accounting, pricing, credit, structuring, legal terms and conditions, and asset management implications.
- Remain current on equipment market data; trucks, trailers, MHE, etc.
- Maintain good channels of communication with all business units and provide constructive guidance.
- Continually automate and improve processes to more efficiently and effectively fund transactions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Sales skills – both prospecting and relationship management Analytical skills Communication – written and verbal Collaboration Problem solving Negotiation
No leadership responsibilities as this is an individual contributor role.
The job is located in Alpharetta, GA and operates in a professional office environment.
POSITION TYPE/STANDARD SCHEDULE
Full time position working Monday through Friday. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as necessary.
10% travel expected for this role.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or similar field is required. MBA a plus.
- Minimum 10 years leasing syndication experience required.
- Knowledge of trucking and various general equipment type assets preferred.
- Good working knowledge of lease documentation required.
- Ability to analyze credit quality of potential clients.
- Proficiency with pricing software required.
- Strong sales skills, verbal and written communication skills required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Careers at LeasePlan
LeasePlan operates across more than 30 countries. With over 55 years’ experience, LeasePlan’s mission is to provide What’s next in mobility via an ’any car, anytime, anywhere’ service.
We also believe ‘you cannot grow a business; you can only grow people who can grow the business.’ LeasePlan is proud of its culture of service and care towards customers and each other, which has endured for over 55 years. By applying to work with LeasePlan, you are joining a team where you yourself will get to play a part in building the future of our business.