At LeasePlan, we are always asking What's next in mobility.
Join our team and be part of a dynamic, exciting and engaging business, so we can discover What’s next together!
The Field Supply Chain Specialist is responsible for third party supplier management to ensure the logistical needs of the project are met. This role will be responsible for traveling to assigned vendors and suppliers to ensure that all vehicles process through the production and transport cycle within the pre-set timeline. The role will also be responsible for logistical support of in-life vehicle service and transportation.
- Responsible for region-based supply chain management related to vehicle procurement, production and vehicle service providers
- Travel to assigned suppliers to ensure that all vehicles process through the supply chain within the pre-set timeline
- Work with third party suppliers (OEM, equipment suppliers, transport vendors, etc.) to design and implement production plans based on client requirements
- Manage regular status updates with third parties in order provide updates to leadership and to the end client
- Work with supply chain to ensure there is sufficient inventory to deliver on the agreed upon production plan
- Analyze vehicle production throughput for both OEM and third-party equipment suppliers through reporting and on-site visits
- Identify trends and manage exceptions to the production schedule
- Identify potential process/production bottlenecks and proactively implement solutions
- Travel to and regularly meet with third party supplier management teams to discuss performance to production plans and work through identified areas of opportunity
- Responsible for working with suppliers to proactively prevent production delays & for working through back logs when they do occur (requiring immediate travel to supplier location)
- Think outside the box to deliver creative solutions when delays present themselves to deliver for our mutual clients
- Partner with internal operations teams and collaborate on solutions as needed
- Provide timely feedback to internal stakeholders related to third party supplier performance
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with suppliers, client stakeholders & internal teams
- Communicate with internal stakeholders as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Act with Integrity: Upholding ethical standards in job-related activities and behavior. Always doing the right thing even when no one is watching.
- Critical Thinking: Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information to make logical decisions; provides solutions to individual and organizational problems.
- Build Relationships: Develops professional partnerships and useful internal relationships through effective communication.
- Take Initiative: Spotting opportunities within a circle of influence; anticipating threats and acting on them; self-starting rather than waiting passively until the situation demands action.
This is an individual contributor role.
This position will be remote working in the Seattle, WA area.
POSITION TYPE/STANDARD SCHEDULE
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel up to 75% of time is required.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of experience working in Fleet Management, Logistics or Supply Chain required.
- Prior knowledge of a contact management system, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Fleet operations experience preferred.
Careers at LeasePlan
LeasePlan operates across more than 30 countries. With over 55 years’ experience, LeasePlan’s mission is to provide What’s next in mobility via an ’any car, anytime, anywhere’ service.
We also believe ‘you cannot grow a business; you can only grow people who can grow the business.’ LeasePlan is proud of its culture of service and care towards customers and each other, which has endured for over 55 years. By applying to work with LeasePlan, you are joining a team where you yourself will get to play a part in building the future of our business.