At LeasePlan, we are always asking What's next in mobility.
Join our team and be part of a dynamic, exciting and engaging business, so we can discover What’s next together!
The Cloud Networking Specialist will be responsible for supporting the IT Operation team’s strategic migrations, introduction of innovative technologies, and involved with Dev/Ops activities as directed. The Specialist will work closely with the Cloud Engineer on transformation projects. We are looking for a quick-learning, self-motivated network specialist who wants to build on their experience and deliver business-changing solutions across our current infrastructure and within our digital transformation.
The position will be an expanding role and manage a variety of both business and technical challenges that emerge daily. This will ensure that your day to day tasks are rarely the same and offer great opportunities for innovation and service improvement.
- Work within IT Operations and alongside Application Development and Architecture teams to implement and administer cloud infrastructure
- Work with IT Security Architect and CISO to enforce appropriate automation, reporting, and alerting within the cloud infrastructure
- Support the migration projects moving from DC to AWS Cloud
- Enable Dev/Ops activities with tools and governance utilizing AWS and GitLab
- Familiarity with CI/CD toolchains
- Understanding of Agile software development practices
- Creation of reporting mechanisms and metrics for AWS and other cloud platform usage
- Aligning the service delivery and needs of the LeasePlan USA product portfolio to the corporate Digital Transformation strategy through procedures, policies and guidelines
- Work directly with the various technical support towers internally, outsourced and in Managed Service Providers
- Work with IT Project Management and deliver allocated project tasks
- Administer and analyze existing processes to identify automation opportunities across multiple platforms and technologies
- Demonstrate desire to advance own skill set, and stay abreast of changes in the industry
- Demonstrate desire to improve on the status quo, particularly via automation and optimization
- Participate in status calls with Vendors and LPUS stakeholders
- Contribute to thought leadership through participation in team and departmental projects and workgroups
- Work closely with Network Administrator and Cloud Engineer to ensure successful delivery and adoption of IT Services
- Other duties assigned to ensure overall departmental efficiency
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how IT Operations supports the LeasePlan business functions and its customers.
- Strong Analytical and critical thinking capabilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Highly organized with attention to detail, deadline oriented
- Ability to balance priorities and an effective multitasker
- Proactive, Self-Motivated, Team Player
- Confident and Tenacious
- Ability to communicate IT Technical terminology at all levels of the business up to C-Level
- Experience with working with offshore outsourced resources
- Familiarity with formal IT Project Frameworks
This position has no managerial responsibilities.
This position is in Alpharetta, GA and operates in a professional, climate-controlled environment.
POSITION TYPE/STANDARD SCHEDULE
This is a Full-time position. Hours of work are generally Monday through Friday; 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Project and/or special activities may involve minimal after-hours and weekend sessions.
No routine travel is required.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in an IT related field or appropriate work experience
- 2+ years of Experience with Amazon Web Services
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner required; higher level certification preferred
- Hands on experience with Networking, Routing, and Switching; Cisco preferred
- Experience with firewalls and security group configuration and troubleshooting
- Competent in hybrid data center environments
- MCSE: Core Infrastructure and Azure experience decidedly preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Careers at LeasePlan
LeasePlan operates across more than 30 countries. With over 55 years’ experience, LeasePlan’s mission is to provide What’s next in mobility so our customers can focus on what’s next.
We also believe ‘you cannot grow a business; you can only grow people who can grow the business.’ LeasePlan is proud of its culture of service and care towards customers and each other, which has endured for over 55 years. By applying to work with LeasePlan, you are joining a team where you yourself will get to play a part in building the future of our business.