At LeasePlan, we are always asking What's next in mobility.
Join our team and be part of a dynamic, exciting and engaging business, so we can discover What’s next together!
OBJECTIVE The Remarketing Title Specialist I will be responsible for the daily processing of vehicle titles to ensure LeasePlan's interests of titles and Department of Motor Vehicles forms are received. Assist in assignment of titles, release of liens and other documents as related to UVM Remarketing sales, courtesy sales and driver/dealer sales.
- Efficiently and accurately identify/analyze vehicle title/ownership documents within company guidelines.
- Process titles, Bill of Sales, DMV documents for Remarketing (UVM) sales to auctions, dealers and buyers in accordance with state guidelines.
- Apply for duplicate and correction of titles as needed for the sale of a vehicle
- Assist with tracking of missing titles to ensure receipt based on standards and guidelines set by the company and metrics.
- Work ResponsePlan tickets daily to ensure customers satisfaction.
- Maintain daily the Vehicle Waiting for Title Report, Incomplete and Complete Report, Auction, Driver, Courtesy Sales Report and AutoIms.
- Maintain current knowledge of title requirements by state.
- Assist in retrieving titles needed for internal/external use.
- Meets KPI measurement goals associated with managing queues, RP tickets, Ops losses, escalations, etc.
- Provides excellent customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Data entry, scanning and filing
- Assists with special requests/reports/assignments that are implemented to maintain our relationship with our clients.
- Gains an understanding of the Title Management function and the role it plays in the business via trainings (online, classroom, etc) and walk-a-miles.
- Assists others in the department and throughout Operations during peak periods and to cover absences.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-Critically analyzes information
This position has no leadership responsibilities.
This position is in Alpharetta, GA and operates in a professional office environment.
POSITION TYPE/STANDARD SCHEDULE
Full-time position working Monday through Friday with occasional overtime as needed.
No Travel Required
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma required, but college degree preferred.
- 1–2 years’ office experience required, License and Title experience preferred.
- 1–3 years’ experience in customer service related role.
- Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and Outlook experience required
- Good verbal and written communication skills, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize workload effectively, use time wisely and avoid distractions to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment
Careers at LeasePlan
LeasePlan operates across more than 30 countries. With over 55 years’ experience, LeasePlan’s mission is to provide What’s next in mobility so our customers can focus on what’s next.
We also believe ‘you cannot grow a business; you can only grow people who can grow the business.’ LeasePlan is proud of its culture of service and care towards customers and each other, which has endured for over 55 years. By applying to work with LeasePlan, you are joining a team where you yourself will get to play a part in building the future of our business.