At LeasePlan, we are always asking What's next in mobility.
Join our team and be part of a dynamic, exciting and engaging business, so we can discover What’s next together!
- Assist in the preparation of Federal and State income tax provisions schedules.
- Assist with federal and state income tax compliance, including coordination of outsourced tax work.
- Complete reconciliation of assigned balance sheet accounts based on timelines established for each action outstanding items.
- Prepare sales tax returns for various states and local jurisdictions within prescribed deadlines.
- Prepare property tax payments including client billing and processing for various states within prescribed deadlines.
- Prepare property tax renditions within prescribed deadlines.
- Investigate problems arising from both property and sales tax bills by written or oral communication with city or county offices.
- Handle first level management response and data collation for sales tax audits.
- File sales and property tax documents upon completion.
- Submit HelpDesk and Service Cloud tickets as necessary to resolve problems in the above areas
- Assist with occasional tax related special projects
- Encourage a team-work environment amongst co-workers and network with others outside of the Finance department.
- Recommend and monitor processes for efficiencies and potential improvements
- Other duties assigned to ensure overall departmental efficiency
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proactive, Self-Motivated, Team Player
- Demonstrate desire to improve on the status quo
- Highly organized with attention to detail, deadline oriented
- Ability to balance priorities and an effective multitasker
This position has no leadership responsibilities
This position is based in Alpharetta, GA. Remote candidates are acceptable.
POSITION TYPE/STANDARD SCHEDULE
This is a Full-time position and hours of work are Monday through Friday; 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST.
No travel is expected for this position
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Taxation is required.
- 1-2 years prior Experience in accounting or taxation environment would be preferred.
- Strong analytical skills, as well as strong written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate Excel knowledge essential (pivot table, v-lookup etc.)
- Desire to study for CPA will be encouraged and supported.
Careers at LeasePlan
LeasePlan operates across more than 30 countries. With over 55 years’ experience, LeasePlan’s mission is to provide What’s next in mobility via an ’any car, anytime, anywhere’ service.
We also believe ‘you cannot grow a business; you can only grow people who can grow the business.’ LeasePlan is proud of its culture of service and care towards customers and each other, which has endured for over 55 years. By applying to work with LeasePlan, you are joining a team where you yourself will get to play a part in building the future of our business.