Transitioning to an electric fleet
Transition to a more sustainable fleet
Electric vehicles are growing in popularity and offer benefits for drivers, your business and the environment. An EV fleet drives down your fleet management costs, brings tax benefits and significant savings on fuel and maintenance costs. But how can your company go electric? When is the right time to make the switch and where to start? The LeasePlan International Consultancy team has extensive experience supporting clients making the transition to a more sustainable fleet.
To ensure a swift EV implementation for your company, we offer you the following tailor-made deliverables:
- Fleet Opportunity Scan defining the opportunities in line with your sustainability targets
- Price comparison and policy update
- EV transition implementation plan
Going electric - how we work with you
- Fleet Opportunity Scan
The Fleet Opportunity Scan identifies zero and low emission opportunities (on a country and vehicle segment level) and assesses whether these are sufficient to meet your sustainability targets.
- Cleaned fleet data to ensure an accurate baseline
- Gather fleet insights that help to understand where you are today
- Identify sustainable fleet opportunities using LeasePlan’s EV & market knowledge
- Measure the environmental impact of the identified opportunities to determine if they meet your horizon target (for instance 0 emissions by 2030)
- Price comparison & policy update
We compare the pricing of your current fleet with EV alternatives for the opportunities identified in phase 1. The TCO of EVs are compared to ICE vehicles. The results from phase 2 will also serve as input for updating your car policy.
- Collect all relevant details of current fleet to ensure a like-for-like comparison
- Consolidate & compare pricing information by requesting quotes locally
- Update car matrices with price competitive EVs
- Revise the fleet policy to include all relevant EV topics and make the policy EV ready
- Implement the EV transition
Implement the EV transition and getting your organization ready to switch to EV. This requires stakeholder management, new partnerships, and an updated fleet qualification process to ensure a smooth transition towards a zero-emission fleet.
- Set up reoccurring stakeholder meetings
- Implement prerequisites for moving to EV
- Monitor progress & facilitate the EV transition