Atos develops electric vehicle transition case
LeasePlan International’s client Atos was looking to reduce their fleet carbon footprint to meet their 2025 corporate sustainability targets.
Our International Consultancy team worked with Atos to develop an electric vehicle transition business case and to update their European car policy.
Client profile: Leading IT Consultancy company with approximately 5,000 vehicles in Europe across 14 countries.
Challenge: Reduce emissions from fleet significantly, in line with the client’s corporate strategy.
Objectives: Analyse the fleet in 14 European Union countries to identify where electric vehicles can be introduced cost-neutrally and update car policies in these countries
- Provided an industry benchmark comparing client fleet to industry peers on key metrics, split by country.
- Gathered all relevant local business requirements and fleet details to ensure an accurate fleet analysis
- Collected pricing data from each country and compared TCOs for comparable vehicles within each segment
- Based on TCO analysis, developed a number of scenarios which meet the strategic goals of people, planet and profit
- Updated the policy to include all EV relevant topics and embedded the final selection of OEMs per country
- Successfully developed a case, based on total cost of ownership, to move completely to electric vehicles by 2025
- European car policy updated to include EVs and will serve as the base for policy outside of Europe
- Five OEM agreements reached based on which OEMs align best with Atos’ sustainability goals
- From 2021 onwards most European countries will only offer EVs. Hybrid vehicles serve as an alternative in case of individual employee constraints.
With LeasePlan’s support, Atos was able to identify in which countries EVs can be introduced cost-neutrally and select the OEMs that are best aligned with their corporate goals. They have updated their European car policy document, as a step forward towards achieving their 2025 sustainability goals.
Contact your LeasePlan contact person for more information about switching to EV or LeasePlan Consultancy Services.