- Amsterdam Zuidas Netherlands
- Date Posted
At LeasePlan, we are always asking What's next in mobility.
Join our team and be part of a dynamic, exciting and engaging business, so we can discover What’s next together!
We are looking for:
For our Senior Audit Manager vacancy we are looking for a new colleague at our Amsterdam based office. The Senior Audit Manager, reporting to the Audit Director (CRO Domain), will be responsible for stakeholder management and leading and performing operational audits, specific assignments and advisory mainly in the Risk Management & Compliance domain. The position is new and requires a self-starter who beliefs that audit’s added value is more than conducting audit assignments and writing audit reports. She/he is a person who gets energy from influencing senior management to do the right thing, who inspires others and the audit team members.
LeasePlan is an international company with over 7.500 employees and present in 30 countries. The Group Audit team is a diverse mixture of talented people and is responsible for the audit coverage of the entire LeasePlan Group. This means that the jobholder, whilst based primarily in our Amsterdam Corporate office, will from time to time need to travel to do assignments both nationally and internationally.
The main areas of responsibility for the Senior Audit Manager is in the CRO domain and will be a combination of the following areas:
- Risk Management
- Regulatory Affairs
The key duties and responsibilities of the Senior Audit Manager include amongst others:
Assignment / Audit Execution
- The Senior Audit Manager is end-to-end responsible for independently conducting assignments mainly, but not exclusively, CRO domains both at head office level and towards the LeasePlan entities and communicating the outcome of a specific audit area to local Executive Management, both verbal and in writing. You are not only managing the assignment to be a success, you are also expected manage the audit team and to participate in performing the fieldwork.
- You will conduct assignments at LeasePlan Corporation, being supervisor of an audit team on the larger, more complex, assignments. Next to this the Senior Auditor Manager is traveling up to 8 weeks per year to international LeasePlan entities.
- The Senior Auditor Manager guides and mentor the Audit Managers and less experienced team during preparation, performance of the engagement and communication of the engagement results.
- The Senior Audit Manager is either managing an audit assignment remotely in case an experienced Audit Manager is leading the assignment or manages the audit team directly during the entire assignment (abroad), as well as manages the process towards management.
- As we are keen on developing our talent we provide our less experienced staff the opportunity to be Manager in Charge for an assignment. Occasionally it can therefor occur that the Senior Audit Manager is part of an assignment and a more junior Audit Manager of Senior Auditor is the Manager in Charge. The Senior Audit Manager plays an important role in supporting the development and growth of all team members.
- Have frequent meetings with senior management and the management level below to discuss audit findings, emerging trends and understand business developments that have a risk and/or control implication.
- To follow ongoing programs/projects and represent Group Audit on various levels within the program governance.
- Preparing, together with the Audit Director and CAE, the Quarterly Audit Report for her/his stakeholders (senior management) and contribute to the Quarterly Audit Report for the Executive Committee and the Audit Committee of the Supervisory Board.
- Developing and implementing Group Audit’s Strategy.
- Analysing trends and patterns in audit issues and reporting meaningful and value-added insights to stakeholders and colleagues.
- As required, providing input into departmental initiatives e.g. enhancing audit methodology and supporting the (bi)annual risk assessment and planning process.
- Role-model for audit colleagues, provides training and contributes to the development of audit colleagues.
To succeed in this role, you have the following skills and experience:
The ideal candidate is able to work closely with internal stakeholders across countries to receive required input. She / he has the DNA to independently identify control weaknesses and constructively communicate these weaknesses to different layers of the organisation, including local executive management, both verbal and written. She / he is also able to deal with confidential information, is reliable and has a high level of integrity.
- Required level of education and technical abilities: University degree (at least Master’s) and a finalised post-master or MBA is a pre.
- Required work experience: At least 10- 12 years of relevant working experience in the areas of Risk Management and Compliance at a financial institution.
- Experience in regulatory relationship management is considered as a significant plus.
- (past) Experience in a similar role with an Internal Audit and/or comparable role in an Internal Control function.
- Willingness to obtain or in possession of the Internal Auditor certification (CIA).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven team player.
- Professional critical mind-set.
- Understands the need to have (or to obtain) business acumen.
- Courage to speak-up in a constructive manner, gets things done.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, with the ability to effectively communicate and influence senior management.
- Self-motivated, strong organisational and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong delivery focus, ability to perform all required functions on a timely basis and with accuracy.
- Good understanding of the end-to-end audit process, including risk-based approach.
- Reliable and high level of integrity and able to deal with confidential information.
- Curious and inquisitive and able to form an independent opinion.
- Aware of and able to deal with cultural differences.
- Collaboration, agility, result-oriented project management and decision making are examples of key behaviours reflecting the agile culture of LeasePlan.
LeasePlan is a leader in the large and growing Car-as-a-Service market for new cars. LeasePlan’s Car-as-a-Service business purchases, funds and manages new vehicles for its customers, providing a complete end-to-end service for a typical contract duration of three to four years. LeasePlan has more than 1.9 million vehicles under management in over 30 countries. With over 50 years’ experience, LeasePlan's mission is to provide what’s next in sustainable mobility so our customers can focus on what's next for them.
As of 1 January 2021, LeasePlan is classified as a significant institution and falls under supervisory control of the European Central Bank.
If you have the right profile and experience, and would like to join LeasePlan on its What’s Next journey, do let us know why you are our new Senior Audit Manager!
Careers at LeasePlan
LeasePlan operates across more than 30 countries. With over 55 years’ experience, LeasePlan’s mission is to provide What’s next in mobility so our customers can focus on what’s next.
We also believe ‘you cannot grow a business; you can only grow people who can grow the business.’ LeasePlan is proud of its culture of service and care towards customers and each other, which has endured for over 55 years. By applying to work with LeasePlan, you are joining a team where you yourself will get to play a part in building the future of our business.