Road courtesy test: What type of driver are you?
If you are reading this article, it is because you have already passed the theoretical and practical tests and you are enabled to drive. You know the traffic signs and you comply with the traffic regulations. But are you a kind, gentle and friendly driver?
Many people consider themselves good drivers, who respect other drivers and pedestrians. But are you really a respectful, caring and safe driver?
How about doing a courtesy test on the road? What would be your grade? Try and find out with this nine-question test that will give you the answer.
You will find the correct answers –the ones that correspond to a friendly and safe driver– at the end of the test.
Some details that make the difference and demonstrate good habits on the road:
- Avoid yelling, gesturing, or verbally assaulting other drivers
- Complies with traffic regulations and avoids carrying out dangerous maneuvers, such as speeding
- Give priority to vehicles that attend emergencies
- Keep a safe distance from the car ahead
- Respect crosswalks and slow down whenever you approach one
- If a driver breaks down in front of you, try to stay calm, be polite and try to help him
- If you have an accident, where there are injuries, do not leave the place. Call the emergency services, and provide all the help you can
- Use the mobile phone, only hands-free and for the shortest time possible
- If you listen to music, do it at a moderate volume, which allows you to perceive noise in the street
A good driver, always thinks of others. Do not forget, and try to share this test with the people that you think are in need.