LEASEPLANS ONGOING COMMITMENT TO COMBATTING SLAVERYAND HUMAN TRAFFICKING
Whilst we are confident that the ethics and values we promote, both internallyand in our external dealings, minimise the opportunity for slavery and / orhuman trafficking to exist, LeasePlan is committed to further improvements inorder to reduce the risk. During 2017 /2018 LeasePlan UK are committed to the following: * Annual refresh and internal communication of our Anti-Slavery policy
- Carrying out an assessment of our supply chain in order to further assess the risk posed and to enable LeasePlan UK to manage that risk moving forwards
- Continued training for procurement/buying teams
- Design and implementation of a supplier self-assessment
- Annual refresh of the Annual Compliance Statement for the LeasePlan Code of Conduct for all employees
- Communication to suppliers to promote awareness of the LeasePlan Whistleblowing facility
MODERN SLAVERY KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
LeasePlan will know the effectiveness of the stepsthat it is taking to ensure that slavery and/or human trafficking is not takingplace within our business or supply chain if:
- No reports are received from employees, the public, or law enforcement agencies to indicate that modern slavery practices related to LeasePlan or its supply chain have been identified;
- Annual training of LeasePlan UK procurement/buying teams in Modern Slavery has been completed;
- All employees have signed the Annual Compliance Statement for the LeasePlan Code of Conduct; and
- Any adverse media reports for Suppliers in high risk areas identified as part of the Supplier CDD process are fully investigated to ensure that there is no modern slavery or human trafficking taking place or an alternative Supplier has been used.
It should be noted that during 2017/18 no negativeindicators were reported.
This statement is made pursuant to section 54(1) ofthe Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes LeasePlan UK Limited’s andLeasePlan Corporation N.V’s slavery and human trafficking statement for thefinancial year ending 31 December 2017.
Date 19 June 2018
Please click here to download the full statement