COP26 'Driving to Zero' sustainability strategy update
Ahead of Transport Day (10 November) we have launched 'Driving to Zero', our global sustainability strategy.
This strategy is designed to achieve net zero Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions across LeasePlan's global operations (scopes 1, 2 & 3), and act decisively to address the most important Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) issues facing the industry today.
EV100 Route Zero
Our strategy will be presented for the first time around EV100's RouteZero fleet innovation panel in Glasgow. As part of the Climate Group's EV100 'Driving to Zero' builds on our industry-leading commitment to achieve net zero emissions from our funded fleet by 2030, which was announced at the launch of the EV100 back in 2017.
Tex Gunning, LeasePlan CEO:
The decisions we make in the remaining hours of COP26 will determine the kind of future we leave our children and grandchildren.
All of us, from governments to business leaders, need to stop talking and come forward with credible plans to decarbonize our planet and avoid the worst impacts of the climate emergency.
That's why I'm proud to announce our 'Driving to Zero' sustainability strategy update. This includes a plan to set science-based abatement pathways for all LeasePlan's GHG emissions, as well as actions to address the major ESG challenges facing the industry today.
We hope that other responsible corporates follow our lead and take concrete action to build a more sustainable, inclusive world.
Our 'Driving to Zero' sustainability strategy contains the following highlights:
- Net zero emission ambitions across LeasePlan’s operations and value chain globally (GHG emissions scope 1, 2 & 3), validated by the Science-Based Targets initiative (SBTi)
- Formal integration of climate and environmental-related risks into LeasePlan’s strategy, governance, risk management and disclosures in line with ECB and TCFD recommendations
- New commitments to increase representation of diverse talent in senior management and to equalise benefits for LGBTQI+ LeasePlanners, regardless of local practices
- New global procurement policy to help drive up ESG standards across LeasePlan’s value chain
- New sustainability governance structure to support the rollout of the ‘Driving to Zero’ strategy update and ensure management accountability for ESG progress
- Formal integration of ESG into LeasePlan’s remuneration policies for senior executives