Proof of residential address
On this page you will find information about the address check at LeasePlan
At LeasePlan we are using Onfido for address verification of new customers. Onfido allows us to perform verification remotely. You will be asked to upload a document that should contain your full name and your current address.
What you will need:
- A smartphone or tablet with a functioning camera in case you choose to make a photo of the document.
- A good internet connection.
- Make sure you are in a room with proper lighting.
- A document that shows your first name, last name and address. The address must match with the address you used when requesting the lease product.
How does it work?
You will receive an email asking for the address verification. Click on the button in the email to start the verification process. The internet browser will open for you to do the address verification.
You will be asked to provide a document as proof of your current address by uploading a photo from your computer or by taking a photo with your smartphone.
- 1.Click on 'Choose document'
- 2.Click on 'Start verification'
- 3.Search for the issuing country and click on 'Submit document'
- 4.Select the document type of the document you wish to submit
- 5.Read the requirements for the document of the selected type and click on 'Continue'
- 6.Choose either ‘Continue on phone' or 'upload photo - no scans or photocopies
a) In case of uploading a photo from your computer, a window will pop up for you to select the photo. Follow the next steps to submit the photo. b) In case of continuing on the phone you need to make a photo of the document.
- 1.Read the instructions for getting a secure link and click on the button 'get secure link' to get a secure link.
- 2.The QR code will appear on the screen of your computer. Scan the QR code with your camera application or a QR application on your smartphone. A link will appear on the screen, click on the link to open the browser on your smartphone. The verification process will continue on the browser of your smartphone. Follow the next steps to submit the photo from your smartphone. Please note that webpage will ask your permission to access the smartphone camera. This permission is needed to take the photo for the verification.