What do I do if my car breaks down when I am abroad?
If your car has comprehensive insurance, SOS will assist you abroad if you become ill, have problems with the car, or have a traffic accident. The red insurance card has a telephone number for SOS: +45 7010 5052. You do not need to have the card with you.
We recommend downloading the SOS app to your smartphone. The app includes, among other things, a GPS function, which enables SOS to find your geographical location in case of a breakdown abroad.
Where can I use my Fuel card abroad?
What do I need to remember when driving abroad?
There are five things you need to remember before and during a drive out of the country.
- 1.Always check with your employer first whether the car can be driven out of the country, and whether it is permitted to take the company car on holiday.
- 2.Make sure that you have the legally required safety equipment with you, such as a Reflective jacket, Warning triangle, First aid kit, or powder-based fire extinguisher.
- 3.Check whether winter tyres are legally required for snow.
- 4.Keep the telephone number for SOS +45 7010 5052 (if you have Comprehensive insurance).
- 5.If the car is more than 2-3 weeks old, be sure to bring part 1 of the registration certificate, which is kept by your fleet manager. Note that it must be the original and not a copy.
Red & Green cards for driving abroad?
Green card In by far the most countries, you no longer need to bring along the Green Card. The Green Card is proof that you have liability insurance on your car, but nowadays it is enough to just have a license plate on the car, when you are driving within the EU, including the EEA countries Norway, Croatia, Switzerland, Iceland and Andorra.
Exceptions: You must bring the Green card along to the countries below:
Albania* Bosnia and Herzegovina Macedonia Belarus Iran Israel Morocco Moldova Serbia Montenegro Russia Turkey Ukraine *Be aware that the Kosovo part of Albania does not accept the Green Card. Here, you will need to take out liability insurance at the border.
From July 1st. 2020, it is possible that your insurance company might send you the Green Card digitally so you can print it yourself. You always have to bring a physical copy, as it is not allowed to be shown on a mobile phone or tablet.
Red card The red card is just the SOS telephone number: +45 7010 5052, which provides assistance if you have comprehensive coverage. We recommend downloading the SOS app to your smartphone. The app includes, among other things, a GPS function, which enables SOS to find your geographical location in case of a breakdown abroad.