NL_21_ 06 crop (1)

New legislation for commercial vehicles from 1 July 2019

2 min to readInformation
On 1 July 2019, new legislation will become effective for vans over 2,000 kg, which entail new requirements for both hauliers and van drivers.
Share this

This pdf gives you a full overview of how the process will be

New for commercial vans for internal use From 1 July 2019, commercial vans used for internal purposes must be registered hereto.

The use of a van is regarded as commercial van use, if the van is used for the transport of goods to the company registered as the user of the vehicle. This also applies if the user transports goods that the company rents, borrows, lends or holds in order to purchase, sell, manufacture, process or repair. The commercial van use must only be a help function of the company’s total activities.

New for foreign freight transportation The use of a van is considered foreign freight transportation if the user transports goods for payment, where the goods do not belong to or are not linked to the registered user of the vehicle. From 1 July 2019, there are new permits and training requirements for hauliers and drivers who carry freight for foreign invoicing in vans.

For the van’s haulier:

For the van driver:

Read more about the rules at (in Danish):

Published at March 12, 2019
Was this article helpful?
March 12, 2019
Share this

Related articles

Latest update on Chinese car manufacturers25 May 2022 - 2 min to readArrowRight
LeasePlan launches auction platform for sale of used cars02 June 2021 - 2 min to readArrowRight
New law regarding reckless driving13 April 2021 - 3 min to readArrowRight