Why drive electric?
- Sustainability: Switching to electric vehicles is better for the environment in terms of CO₂-emissions. The European Union's goal to reach climate neutrality in 2050, means that many countries already work toward strict emission rules. Switching to an electric vehicle means that you're ahead of the development.
- Range: The latest generation of electric vehicles have a realistic estimated range of up to 500 km on a full charge.
- Large selection: Many large car makes offer at least one fully electric vehicle - Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Porsche, Tesla, Kia, Audi, Renault, Nissan, and many more are coming!
- Electricity is cheaper: Electricity is the cheapest force of power. It is therefore cheaper to charge electric vehicles than to fill up a car with diesel or petrol. This saves money, but also time and hassle.
- Fun driving: People who drive electric vehicles are happy drivers. They also say that electric vehicles are more fun to drive, and easier to drive
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
The number of kilometers depends on the car's battery size and efficiency as well as driving pattern. You can drive approx. 350-450 km on a fully charged battery with a capacity of 70 kWh. However, you can drive even longer if you drive sensibly.
Speed drains the power from your battery, so remember to stay below the speed limits. There are also other factors that can affect the range of your car:
It depends on many factors, including the type of car, the power left on the battery, how fast your car is charging, and the type of charging station you are using. With a home charging stand (A/C charging), with three phases, you should expect it to take approx. 6-8 hours to charge the battery from 20-100%. If, on the other hand, you use a supercharger, your battery will be 80% charged in just 15-30 minutes.
For Business Lease: In most cases, a charging solution has already been considered as part of the lease contract. Alternatively, you are welcome to contact our car consulting, which is available with a flexible solution.
For Private Lease: Charging subscription can be obtained through one of many different charging operators, where you sign up for a subscription.
Once a charging box is installed, you will be contacted by the selected provider, who will refund you for the power you have used. It is the individual charging provider that sets the refund rate. We recommend that you contact your provider regarding your current refund rate.
For example, if the family has two electric cars, it is possible to use the same home charging box to charge the cars. However, make sure that car number two also has a charging solution with the same provider.
Yes, it is possible to suspend your subscription. Be aware that the individual provider has individual rules regarding this. Please contact your charging provider.
LeasePlan has an international partner, Newmotion, where it is possible to attach a charging card via LeasePlan. Newmotion covers more than 285,000 charging points throughout Europe, and therefore, you can easily drive on holiday or across national borders without worries.