The validity of all inspection certificates expired between 1 March 2020 and 31 May 2020 shall be extended by 6 months.
The validity of inspection certificates expiring between 1 June 2020 and 31 July 2020 shall be extended by 2 months.
- This extension applies to all periodic inspections, including the first inspection (towing hook, first passenger car inspection after 4 years, first van inspection after registration).
- The reference date of the inspection does not change. In other words, a vehicle which should have been inspected on 20 March 2020 and which is now postponed until 20 September 2020, will have to be inspected in 2021 at the latest by 20 March. In 2021, therefore, all vehicles will be inspected again in the same period as before.
- Vehicles that should have been inspected before 1/3/2020 will have to go immediately to the inspection and a surcharge for late inspection will apply.
- For vehicles that have to undergo a periodic or first inspection on 1 August 2020 or later, there is no delay, they have to be presented as planned.
- It is compulsory to make an appointment at the Brussels inspection centres.