This document includes forward-looking statements relating, but not limited, to LeasePlan’s potential exposures to various types of operational, credit and market risk. Such statements are subject to risks and uncertainties. These forward-looking statements are not historical facts and represent only LeasePlan’s (or other third parties’) beliefs regarding future events, many of which by their nature are inherently uncertain and beyond LeasePlan’s control. Other factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated by the forward-looking statements contained in this document include, but are not limited to:
- General economic, social and political conditions in countries in which LeasePlan has significant business activities, investments or other exposures, including the impact of the current Covid-19 outbreak on the global economy and on LeasePlan’s performance and financial position;
- The extent and nature of future developments and continued volatility in the credit and financial markets and their impact on the financial industry in general and LeasePlan in particular;
- Macroeconomic and geopolitical risks;
- Reductions in LeasePlan’s credit ratings;
- Monetary and interest rate policies of the ECB and G20 central banks;
- Inflation or deflation;
- Unanticipated turbulence in interest rates, foreign currency exchange rates, commodity prices and equity prices;
- Liquidity risks;
- The success of LeasePlan in managing the risks involved in the foregoing.
The forward-looking statements made in this Annual Report were formulated prior to the outbreak of Covid-19 and therefore do not take into account the most recent developments of the outbreak. The outbreak is ongoing at the time of publication of this report and the full extent of its impact cannot yet be estimated.
Furthermore, the forward-looking statements made in this Annual Report are only applicable as from the date of publication of this document. LeasePlan does not intend to publicly update or revise these forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances after the date of this report, and LeasePlan does not assume any responsibility to do so. The reader should, however, take into account any further disclosures of a forward-looking nature that LeasePlan may make in LeasePlan’s interim reports.